Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Le Saotico: New top choice for market fresh French cooking

I was very happy to receive a note from Anne Surcouff telling me that she and her talented chef husband, Hughes Gournay, are back on the Paris dining scene after a hiatus of a couple of years. I used to frequent their intimate Le Reminet in the Latin Quarter and referred lots of clients there as well. The food was always delicious, market-fresh, a little inventive and very fairly priced. Le Reminet is still in business under different owners, but, now this culinary couple has purchased a duplex space at 96 rue de Richelieu (near the Opera Comique and Bourse... not that far from the Louvre and Palais Royal) and they are serving Mondays through Fridays 8-8. The unusual hours are due to this location in a very lively business quarter, but, one that is a bit quieter at night. So dinner is still being worked out but there is already a devoted lunch clientele. I plan to stop for lunch when I am in Paris in late October and will report... with photos! But I know I can recommend this chef and his lovely spouse who creates a warm, sophisticated atmosphere for a good meal, still at a fair price. Check Le Saotico out. The restaurant name by the way is the name for the succulent tiny grey shrimp found off the Normandy coast. That bodes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment